Accounts Payable Supervisor
Zelienople, PA, USA
Type of Job
Industrial Equipment Wholesalers
Friday, May 21, 2021
About the job
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages and oversees members of the AP team
• Responsible for all AP processes, manages vendor/supplier relations, and oversees the accurate and timely processing of invoices, purchase orders, expense reports, credit memos, and payment transactions
• Manages month-end close processes for AP, including reconciling AP aging, received-not-invoiced, rebates, and other related accounts
• Manages DPO to ensure working capital targets are achieved
• Manages the sales and use tax functions
• Manages 1099 annual reporting process
• Ensures that all available discounts are taken timely
• Documents and implements controls that are relevant to AP functions, especially approvals of invoices and payments in-line with company limits of authority
• Oversees open payable and open PO reports and develops action plans to resolve issues
• Works with the Procurement team to identify and implement vendor cost savings initiatives
• Troubleshoots complex problems and interacts with management to resolve AP related issues
• Implements automated processes for efficiency gains
• Maintains the AP process manual to comply with changing corporate structure and polices as needed
• Works with outside auditors as needed
• Develops and implements plans to integrate the AP functions of all newly acquired businesses
• Some travel required in connection with newly acquired company integrations
• Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned
• Directly supervises, mentors and coaches employees within the AP department
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Able to work as a group leader as well as individually to achieve both department and company goals
Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
Minimum of five (5) years of AP supervisory experience
Ability to identify areas of improvement and implement solutions, especially automation-related efficiencies
Proven ability to make decisions
Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or five (5) years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer skills required: ERP system; Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel user)
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Zelienople, PA, USA